Monday, May 25, 2009

Just do it?

One day, I stumble across this. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/UxaTesting
I have been playing counterstrike (hehe cannot stop playing) and getting fps around 10 to 50
much better than my old 82835/855GM (5 to 40 fps)
10 fps! how to play properly? That why I had to spray...
My current card is
Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:2a02] (rev 03)
It is on a Core 2 Duo T6400 (2.0 GHz) Dell 1435 laptop
Hmmm... Keep getting pawned by bots...
Then after doing the UXA tweak...
it greatly improves graphics performance in Open GL mode
I am getting around (20 to 60 fps) Still poor but much better.
Besides that, I also found that Jaunty run much smoother.

This is how you do it,
1st go sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
2nd then insert this
Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
# ...
Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"
EndSection
Into the xorg.conf
Don't forget to check
  lspci -nn | grep VGA
So that you can match your controller with the test report in the site.
Remember that this not stable and may cause problems
Other people find it causes corruption, leads to crashes, or locks up their xserver and prevents booting.
Happy testing.
Just do it?

2 comments:

Anbin said...

Awesome man! I will be writing my own fixes soon as well. Once my laptop is back

Anbin said...

Awesome man! I will be writing my own fixes soon as well. Once my laptop is back